Snak

Mere indhold efter annoncen
Let the speculation begin: Vela is not on El Tri list

Behind closed doors lies the truth of what really was said and done in the meetings between Real Sociedad forward Carlos Vela and Mexican national team coach Jose Manuel ´Chepo´ de la Torre. What is certain is that some effort was made on behalf of both parties. Vela had publicly declared his loyalty to El Tri, and De la Torre responded by making a personal visit to see the forward play in Spain. At that point, hopes were high among supporters that a reconciliation had been reached and that Vela was safely back in the fold.

Something derailed that scenario, however. De la Torre released on May 19th the names of the players who would be involved for both the upcoming World Cup qualifiers and the Confederations Cup. Vela´s name wasn´t on the list.

Instead, De la Torre called on Jesús Corona, Guillermo Ochoa, Alfredo Talavera, Severo Meza, F. Javier Rodríguez, Héctor Moreno, Hiram Mier, Diego Reyes, Jorge Torres Nilo, Jesús Zavala, Jesús Molina, Carlos Salcido, Héctor Herrera, Gerardo Torrado, Pablo Barrera, Andrés Guardado, Ángel Reyna, Giovani dos Santos, Javier Aquino, Raúl Jiménez, Aldo de Nigris, Javier ´Chicharito´ Hernández and Oribe Peralta.

All of them are good players. None of them has been able to help El Tri win this year.

There´s no guarantee Vela would get the team victories, but he is an incredibly effective attacking option to have.

Of course, there´s a chance that Vela and De la Torre have truly reached an accord, one that accommodates Vela´s desire to stay in Europe to help Real Sociedad secure a Champions League spot. Perhaps Vela offered to play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup as a compromise for passing on the upcoming qualifiers. Perhaps they both agreed that even though Mexico´s ego may be dented by not topping the World Cup qualifying group, the chances of missing out on qualification for Brazil 2014 are reasonably remote. Maybe Vela´s absence from the list of call-ups was planned and agreed to by both parties and his eventual return is scheduled for a later date.

Or perhaps, De la Torre has decided to take his chances with the players he has now, maybe in fear of appearing to be desperately courting Vela, or due to concern about upsetting the squad´s faithful contributors, or because of some ego-fuelled power trip that likes to present an exiled player a bit of hope before converting that into despair.

It could also be that De la Torre decided, in the face of a mountain of requests and demands from Vela, that the team was better off without a diva.

Furthermore, another possibility is that Vela himself told De la Torre, "No gracias!" about an offer to play again for El Tri.

That’s almost a more preferable scenario than the one that gives a player hope, after a personal visit from a coach, only to later be told, “Thanks, but no thanks.”
It’s possible that Carlos Vela will never return to El Tri as long as De la Torre remains coach of the squad.

It’s also possible that the coaching situation may change quickly and drastically. De la Torre has to win to keep fans satisfied. If he fails, a new coach may find himself quickly placing a call to a certain forward in Spain.
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ
Grêmio’s Zé Roberto calls for fans support during Brasileirão

Grêmio midfielder Zé Roberto has called for the Tricolor supporters to get behind the team as they look to make a real title challenge this season.

Grêmio had made a big push for success in this year’s Copa Libertadores but after being knocked out by Santa Fe last week it is time to turn their attention to the Brasileirão, which starts on Sunday.

And the veteran star believes they will need all the support they can get if they are to challenge for the title this year.

He told Globo Esporte: “I know the result on Thursday was bad. I can imagine how much it hurts for you[the fans]. It hurts me too.

“This pain should be used to boost new achievements. I would like to thank everyone who left a message, which expressed encouragement.

“We are experiencing a weekend of woe. But Monday we will be spirited. We still have major challenges this year and we need all Gremistas.”

Grêmio open their league season with a home fixture against Náutico in the Grêmio Arena on Sunday.
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ
Santos striker André set to join Vasco on loan

Santos´ striker André is set to join Vasco on loan in a deal until the end of the season, in December, although the Rio de Janeiro-based club want to keep him until the middle of the 2014 season.

The announcement is expected to be made during this week so he can be registered in time for Vasco´s Brazilian national league debut against Portuguesa on Saturday, at the São Januário stadium.

The striker return to Brazilian football in 2011, when he joined Atlético Mineiro, he was loaned to Santos last year, but failed to impress in both clubs.

Santos are signing Grêmio´s Willian José and Mogi Mirim´s Henrique to replace André, who is expected to be a key player for Vasco.

Vasco are in a difficult financial situation, having already lost key players such as goalkeeper Fernando Prass, now at Palmeiras, and highly rated centreback Dedé, who joined Cruzeiro.
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ
Dibbens Campbell er med i stedet for Memín, men lige lidt hjælper det i kampen mod Gio dos Santos´ prügelknabe. 1-0 til værterne.

Bético kan ellers så godt som sikre europæisk fodbold i aften, så det er en chance, der ikke bliver meget større.
En gyser er at holde med flagermus og ulve. Følg med på Twitter (@VCF__Nordic) & podcast (Valencia Weekly). https://soundcloud.com/valenciaweekly
Hov, det havde jeg glemt alt om. Jeg kan se at Memín er kommet ind nu.
Mere indhold efter annoncen
Annonce
Ja, Bético må ellers næsten være det hold med flest mandagskampe. Slut 1-1.

De skal nu nok nå i EL alligevel, men et indbyrdes stærkere Rayo (Léo Baptistão og Chori Domínguez, FAS...) kan med bare en sejr ekstra bringe sig foran.

Men godt for nedrykningskampen, at alle har overlevelseschancer med to runder igen. Ikke som en vis herres QPR hehe.
En gyser er at holde med flagermus og ulve. Følg med på Twitter (@VCF__Nordic) & podcast (Valencia Weekly). https://soundcloud.com/valenciaweekly
Hehehe apropos QPR nogen har der har hørt hvor Julio Cesar skal hen ...:-)
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ
Argentina

Mandagskampe

Lanus - Tigre 0-0


Argentinos Juniors - Belgrano 1-3

0-1 Lucas Melano (10´) 1-1 Anibal Matellán (17´) 1-2 Fernando Márquez (31´) 1-3 Martin Zapata (60´)

https://www.youtube.com/…eSBki80txFI
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ
Corinthians striker Emerson Sheik sends title warning to rivals

Corinthians striker Emerson Sheik has sent a warning to their Brasilierão rivals ahead of the start of the league season this weekend, saying they should “sleep tight”.

Sheik, 34, who became a Corinthians legend when he scored the vital goals in the Timão’s Copa Libertaores triumph last year, the first in their history, is confident the São Paulo giants can go all the way this season in the league, just like they did two years ago.

He told Lancenet: “Yeah, it´s a challenge now that we have won the Libertadores, the FIFA Club World Cup and the Paulista.

“It is a challenge to want more, to get more. But we have a very competent management and a highly experienced coaching staff that can lead people to important achievements.”

Corinthians will start their league campaign at home in Pacaembu, São Paulo, on Sunday against Clarence Seedorf´s Botafogo, who enter the season in high spirits following their victory in the Rio de Janeiro State Championship.
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ
Marcelo Moreno focused ahead of Flamengo debut

Marcelo Moreno will be hoping to make his Flamengo debut on Sunday in the opening game of Brazilian league season and says he is fully focused on doing well for the Rio de Janeiro giants.

Moreno, 25, joined Flamengo two weeks ago after falling out of favour at Grêmio, but has assured fans that he will not get distracted by the nightlife on offer in Brazil’s party city.

He told Lancenet: “Night is everywhere. I have been to some wonderful cities in the world and they had a very busy nightlife.

“I know well the time to enjoy myself and the time to work and I can guarantee that this is the time to work.

"I´m going to work in Flamengo and I want to give joy to the fans. The fun for me is in the background this time.”

The Bolivian international has impressed in training at his new club and is raring to go for the opening game of the season against Santos.

“I´m working hard for it, I know I still need more physical condition, but I have done good work and I’m not far from 100%.

“I´m dreaming of this moment, the largest crowd of the world screaming my name. But I have to work hard for it,” he added.
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ
Annonce