Apropos dramaet i São Paulo...
São Paulo president: ´The Argentines ran away´
São Paulo club president Juvenal Juvencio has accused Argentine side Tigre of "running away" after the sides´ Copa Sudamericana final was ended at half-time in the second-leg with the visitors refusing to take the field.
It is alleged that Tigre were the victims of violence from São Paulo security officials at half-time, with players and coaches suggesting that they were beaten with sticks and threatened with guns in the changing rooms.
Following the match, though, São Paulo players and officials were reluctant to accept that there had been any foul-play and instead many chose to accuse the visitors of cowardice in the face of defeat.
"They were going to lose by a big score," Juvencio told the club´s website. "Our biggest victory is the fact that the Argentines ran away."
Club captain Rogerio Ceni was also inclined to blame the visitors for the trouble that broke out: "They came here to fight, not to play. We are not worried. I don´t know what happened inside the dressing room."
Tigre coach Nestor Gorosito: ´They pulled two guns on us´
Tigre coach Nestor Gorosito has alleged that São Paulo security staff pulled guns on his players at half-time, as more statements regarding Wednesday night´s violence emerge.
The Argentine side allege that they returned to their dressing room at half-time, having been involved in a confrontation with São Paulo players on the pitch, to be faced with a group of security guards ready to exact retribution.
"They pulled two guns on us, the rest of the match is not going to be played," Gorosito told Fox Sports.
"They ambushed us and one of them pulled out a revolver and put it against [goalkeeper] Damian Albil´s chest. Their security and police also hit us, there were around 20 of them."
Details of what exactly occured remain sketchy, but it appears that following the confrontation between the players, Tigre´s squad were forced back into their changing room where they were involved in an incident with security personel.
The Military Police have confirmed that an altercation took place, but both they and São Paulo security staff have insisted that no guns were present.
Argentine media has since shown videos and photos of the blood-stained dressing rooms, with players alleging they were hit with sticks by the Brazilian security team.
Brasil: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense, Botafogo (100% Carioca) Rio > Säo Paulo
MENGÃO TRI DA AMÈRICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlVt8zJhXQ